IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Best USB interface of Native Instruments KA 6 vs. Roland Quad Capture?, [TOS #6: moved from General Audio, was "Audio Interface Decisions
LC155
post Apr 21 2012, 16:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99069

Hey guys,

I've recently gone ahead and ordered a AT2035 mic. I knew I needed an audio interface so I could begin recording to the PC, so I did my research. After about a week or so, I came to two choices. The Native Instruments KA 6, and the Roland Quad Capture.

And it's here where I'm stuck. I've found no direct comparison reviews of any sort between the two, and user experience online shows both to be rock solid, stable and with low latency. I'm just wondering if one has higher quality over the other, and if one colours the sound less or something, and so-forth. I'm hoping that someone here has experience with one (or both, ideally) and can give input as to how they found it. I'm dead set on either one at this point, just finding out which one is the problem! The bundled software they come with won't be an issue for me. Just looking for the highest quality USB interface out of those two.

Thanks.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ethan Winer
post Apr 21 2012, 17:37
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 69730

QUOTE (LC155 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:45) *
user experience online shows both to be rock solid, stable and with low latency. I'm just wondering if one has higher quality over the other

If it were me I'd probably go by price since both are known to be good. In the grand scheme of things, the speakers you use and the room you listen in are literally 100 times more detrimental to "accuracy" and sound quality than the sound card you use.

--Ethan

--------------------
I believe in Truth, Justice, and the Scientific Method
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:08