IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[DOUBLE POST] Read Multi Value Tag Format without splitting, from: "Support - (fb2k)"
rkghadai
post Apr 20 2012, 15:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98996

I know this is a repeated topic, but i have not found the exact solution i want after surfing a dozen threads, hence posting.

In Multi-value tag fields like Genre and Artist, I want Foobar to recognize a use-defined character as the splitter. I know foobar can write multiple genre fields (by mass tagger or split values), but i dont want my file being rewritten. When foobar (or mp3tag) writes two genre tags, only the first genre is visible in windows explorer details view. To make it windows compatible, i have a single genre tag in "A;B" format. Is it possible that foobar only reads the tag as a string "A;B" and given semicolon(;) as the splitter, recognizes both A and B as two different genres in Library view??

This behavior is available in mediamonkey, which has the option to both write multi-value tags and no-write-only-read-and-recognize the multi-value tags. I think some formatting (kind of $if,$trim, etc) could do the job in foobar as well. Plz help.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th December 2014 - 17:37