IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Encoding for Transcoding
zerowalker
post Apr 20 2012, 05:22
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 92828

Okay not entierely sure you are supposed to ask this, but i think i can.
I am currently using Oggenc2.87 using aoTuVb6.03 for encoding audio from Gameplays for uploading on youtube.
i use 7.5 Q.

My question is,

What Q setting is supposely "lossless", as i want youtube to get as high wuality as possible (of course Flac is better, but not worth it here).
And Youtube uses 192 AAC or something.

Sorry if this isnīt supposed to be asked, i know you canīt ask what is "Best" and such, but the Q setting doesnīt need to be specific,
Just some general knowledge, as my ears myself arenīt my most trusted tools.

Edit: Of course if you want to recommend a more suitable codec, please do.
I am using Vorbis as i like Open Source, and i think itīs good, but i donīt know if itīs better than AAC or not.

This post has been edited by zerowalker: Apr 20 2012, 05:32
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
LithosZA
post Apr 20 2012, 08:33
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 88525

I am not sure that is possible, but try to upload a format that YouTube supports so that YouTube won't transcode it.
It seems like MP3 is out of the question when looking at the table at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube
There are no open source AAC encoders that can make an acceptable sounding file unless the bitrate is extremely high. If you want to encode to AAC use something such as QAAC or Nero's AAC encoder.
OGG Vorbis might be the best option, but you will have to mux the Vorbis stream into a WebM container before uploading I think(To avoid transcoding).

Edit: If YouTube is always going to transcode then I think uploading a FLAC might work the best. If YouTube can transcode from FLAC that is.

Another Edit: To me 192 Kbps MP3 is transparent, 128 Kbps Vorbis is transparent, 128 Kbps AAC is transparent(depending on the AAC encoder). I haven't tested all the bitrates for FAAC, but it definetly is not transparent even at 192 Kbps.

This post has been edited by LithosZA: Apr 20 2012, 08:43
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 06:03