IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
help with sending songs to mp3 player, [Moved from Support / TOS #6]
graviteeee
post Apr 16 2012, 20:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98897

I recently converted to foobar and find it an amazing program which i can't believe i didn't know about it before.

One thing i have not worked out how to do is to transfer a playlist created in foobar to my mp3 player.

Previously (using windows media player) i could just drag the playlist to the player and sync which would put all the songs on the player and the playlist ready to use in the player. Is there a way of doing this with foobar?

I have a Creative ZEN X-Fi player.

I have searched the forums but could not find a component or details of how to do this so any guidance would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hengest
post Apr 20 2012, 07:19
Post #2

Member No.: 30103

As far as I know, a lot of those devices use media transfer protocol (MTP) to communicate with the computer. In this case, there isn't really a way of using foobar2000 to transfer music across. Of course, you can see if I'm wrong by finding out whether or not the device has a drive letter in Windows Explorer. If it does, then you'll be in luck.

--------------------
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"
+Quote Post
graviteeee
post Apr 20 2012, 21:12
Post #3

Member No.: 98897

i can connect and see it as a drive and i can manually copy from my music folder to the device. However i want to be able to copy foobar playlists across and have it automatically take over the songs and the playlist - is this possible?

QUOTE (Hengest @ Apr 20 2012, 07:19) *
As far as I know, a lot of those devices use media transfer protocol (MTP) to communicate with the computer. In this case, there isn't really a way of using foobar2000 to transfer music across. Of course, you can see if I'm wrong by finding out whether or not the device has a drive letter in Windows Explorer. If it does, then you'll be in luck.

+Quote Post
tpijag
post Apr 20 2012, 21:22
Post #4

Member No.: 53637

However i want to be able to copy foobar playlists across and have it automatically take over the songs and the playlist - is this possible?

Can not say I understand this, but the following does have the ability to send a playlist worth of various files to your player and then allow you to create and send a playlist that will use the appropriate drive letter and directory structure to work on your player.

Link to old component foo_SendToDevice

EDIT:If you decide to use this, the context menu item is a bit obscure. By default it will only be available via shift+rt click and it will be located under Legacy Commands. It will be titled Select.... You can get it to show via a simple rt click context menu by ticking it in the context menu preferences. It will, however, remain under legacy commands.

This post has been edited by tpijag: Apr 20 2012, 21:30
+Quote Post
bernhold
post Aug 6 2013, 10:03
Post #5

Member No.: 107330

Has this been changed in newer foobar versions? Because for me, it works just fine. I can drag files from the playlist to my mp3 player drive letter.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 11:56