IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.


See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

ID3 Tags not being read for some songs, Tags from iTunes and Winamp not being recognized by fb2k
civint
post Apr 8 2012, 20:34
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 1
Joined: 8-April 12
Member No.: 98552



My problem is essentially all in the topic description;

After importing my library (as organized by iTunes) into fb2k and getting it set up how I like it, I noticed that about 300 or so songs were only being displayed with their file name as the 'track' with no other information.

I converted all the files' tags to ID3 v2.4, which didn't change anything, and I wondered if perhaps it was just that the information was being saved in an itunes database and not in a common format, so I tried to import the library to Winamp, and everything was displayed as expected (as in iTunes). Ordinarily this wouldn't be an issue, but since the volume is so high I don't really want to go through them all file by file and fix the data!

As it happens all my Genre metadata is messed up but that was also common in itunes etc

Any ideas etc are more than welcome!

(I had looked at some of the other threads with similar problems, but there were very few which presented any answers, unfortunately)

Thanks,
Civ
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
 
Start new topic
Replies
Cetena
post Apr 10 2012, 17:34
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 1
Joined: 29-December 07
Member No.: 49960



Hi all,

I noticed the same problem. Some tags of some tracks cannot be properly read by foobar (as if they were missing).

The tags should be of no problem.

To further test with the issue, I've converted the track from mp3 VBR V2 to mp3 VBR V0 to make some difference in the audio data. Then I applied the exactly identical set of tags to the newly converted mp3 with mp3tag.
And this time foobar can correctly show all tags for this new mp3!!

Thus I'm quite sure there is a bug in tag parsing in foobar.

=========================
more info: the tags are in id3v1, id3v2.3 (utf-16), apev2 format (reported by mp3tag)

=========================
Another test:

For the mp3 which foobar cannot read the tags properly, I re-saved the tags with mp3tag in id3v2.4 format and then foobar can read all tags properly.

Then I re-saved the tags again with mp3tag in id3v2.3 (utf-16) format and foobar can read all tags perfectly.

This post has been edited by Cetena: Apr 10 2012, 18:03
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
neothe0ne
post Apr 11 2012, 05:44
Post #3





Group: Members
Posts: 295
Joined: 25-September 05
Member No.: 24684



QUOTE (Cetena @ Apr 10 2012, 12:34) *
I noticed the same problem. Some tags of some tracks cannot be properly read by foobar (as if they were missing). […] the tags are in id3v1, id3v2.3 (utf-16), apev2 format

You're probably experiencing an inconsistency between your ID3 tags and the APE tags. If what you see in foobar2000 isn't what you want, I suggest removing the APE tags in mp3tag.

This post has been edited by db1989: Apr 11 2012, 10:18
Reason for edit: truncating pointless full quote to relevant section
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:41