Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

XLD: Enabling Chapter Markers with ALAC
sankuru
post Apr 6 2012, 21:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93229

Hello,

I am trying to take a bunch of albums that are currently ripped to individual ALAC files and convert them to single ALAC (one file-per-album) files with embedded Quicktime chapter markers using the latest version of XLD (20120226). I believe I have everything set up as it should, yet when I import the created files into iTunes, it only recognizes the albums as monolithic files instead of individual tracks.

By that I mean, if I import the created file "+/- - Holding Patterns.m4a" that is a single file containing 5 tracks, iTunes only displays it as a single audio track called "+/- - Holding Patterns" instead of the 5 individual tracks embedded in the file.

My assumption has been that to enable this, it requires checking the "Embed cue sheet as a chapter" option and transcoding to a single file + cue sheet? Is that correct or is there more/something different that needs to be done? Or is this option not actually functional at this time?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
RobertoDomenico
post Apr 7 2012, 15:47
Post #2

Member No.: 95208

Is there a reason you want to use this feature a posed to just single song files.
+Quote Post
sankuru
post Apr 7 2012, 20:00
Post #3

Member No.: 93229

QUOTE (RobertoDomenico @ Apr 7 2012, 09:47) *
Is there a reason you want to use this feature a posed to just single song files.

This is the shortest explanation I can give. The long and full explanation would take hours.

1) I only listen to full albums; never individual songs or song shuffle
2) My music library is large enough that:
2a) the only plausible way - for me - to listen to everything is via album shuffle
2b) managing two libraries is a rolling disaster that inevitably gets horribly out of sync
3) Nothing supports album shuffle anymore
4) My listening is 80% through the sound system in the family room and 20% iPhone while driving/working.
5) I want to keep my entertainment center setup as simple as humanly possible
6) Using Plex in the family room is an absolute requirement because I don't need/want cable but there are some shows my wife still wants to watch, and Plex is easy enough for everyone in the house to understand and use
7) Having one file per album would allow me to trick Plex into doing album shuffle while still having the ability to see individual "tracks" on iOS/Mac

The ideal solution would be using a jailbroken AppleTV with Plex installed, because it is about the last thing out there that supports album shuffle and can host a Plex client install. However, since I'm not willing to wait until some unknown time in the deep future for an untethered jailbreak to be released, I was hoping this would be a way around it all.

It unfortunately looks like it will be too complex/kludgey to bother with, though.

This post has been edited by sankuru: Apr 7 2012, 20:04
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 04:39