IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Questions about mp3 quality vs hi-fi system, Is logical to listen mp3s with a serious system?
pietrosolar
post Apr 6 2012, 20:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 82488

Hi guys,
I was questioning about my music library, some of it: flac. Other: mp3

Now: I really have not a great system (just a good pair of headphones, and a usb dac). But I was thinking at it in general: until what could be have a sense to listen mp3 music with a good system?

I mean, if u listen music with the notebook ampliers laugh.gif hardly you will recognize differences beetwen a mp3 128 kbps and a 24bit-etc.... So when, with what kind of system u will be able to listem differences, or to feel the bad quality of a 320kbps mp3?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DonP
post Apr 6 2012, 22:54
Post #2

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 4955

QUOTE (pietrosolar @ Apr 6 2012, 15:33) *
I mean, if u listen music with the notebook ampliers laugh.gif hardly you will recognize differences beetwen a mp3 128 kbps and a 24bit-etc.... So when, with what kind of system u will be able to listem differences, or to feel the bad quality of a 320kbps mp3?

If you can hear above 16 khz, and you are talking about loudspeakers that can reproduce that well (most can't, but most earphones can), then you'd want to use an mp3 setting that doesn't cut those high frequencies. 320 should be good on that count.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 22:50