IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[TOS #8] From: Resampler plugin, From Topic ID: 67376
Alex90
post Apr 4 2012, 12:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98375

I use the default output of foobar and I use ALC892, and if you notice, you will find that the sound card only supports 44.1 / 48 / 96 / 192 but when I play 88.2 and 176.4 I can get the sound from it, so it does the resampling and in it's control panel I also set to use 24-bit 192kHz which is the highest it can produce, and when I replaced the SoX with PPHS, I can easily understand the difference, this SoX works the best.

What do you think? wink.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
db1989
post Apr 4 2012, 13:07
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

QUOTE (Alex90 @ Apr 4 2012, 12:38) *
I also set to use 24-bit 192kHz which is the highest it can produce, and when I replaced the SoX with PPHS, I can easily understand the difference, this SoX works the best.

What do you think? wink.gif

I think you should read #8 of our terms of service, to which you agreed upon registering your account and follow it when making claims about sound quality, especially at physiologically pointless resolutions.
+Quote Post
Alex90
post Apr 4 2012, 13:54
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 98375

And I did not tell anything about the quality or such, I just told that I can feel the difference between the SoX and PPHS, which is really obvious and everyone knows that these two methods are different from each other.

And this is not a good way to help people out there, my friend. smile.gif You just got too far away from the original question.
+Quote Post
db1989
post Apr 4 2012, 14:01
Post #4

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

QUOTE (Alex90 @ Apr 4 2012, 13:54) *
And I did not tell anything about the quality or such, I just told that I can feel the difference between the SoX and PPHS, which is really obvious
Saying you can “feel the difference” is, specifically, a statement about quality.

and everyone knows that these two methods are different from each other.
Different in their technicalities, yes, but audibly? You’re obliged to provide evidence for your claim; never mind appealing to some amorphous “everyone”, who just happens to agree with you.

And this is not a good way to help people out there, my friend. smile.gif You just got too far away from the original question.
Don’t paint me as the one who’s clogging up the thread with pointless material. In that spirit, I’m binning your last two posts for not being compliant with Hydrogenadio’s rules.

This post has been edited by db1989: Apr 4 2012, 14:03
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 22:02