IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New Sound Card for Music Production
glowing789
post Apr 3 2012, 21:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98354

Hi everyone, first post, hope its in the right place.

Wondering if anyone could give me some advice on which sound card to get. I will be using it for some audio recording but mainly midi input controlling VSTs, in Sibelius/Sonar, like east west quantum leap. The VSTs will have several instruments playing at once so i need a card with low latency full ASIO support and low latency midi input, im talking super low!
I've been considering these two:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/m-audio-fas...lus-protools-se

and

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/m-audio-aud...al-i-o-and-midi

Anyone any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

:-)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
glowing789
post Apr 3 2012, 22:12
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 98354

don't care how long it takes the computer to generate/process/record the sound (or MIDI data) as long as the musician hears a note the instant he/she hits the key

You hit the nail on the head! this is exactly what im talking about the actual communication between the midi in sequencer software and the VST isn't the problem(dont think it will be the system is a very powerful one) the issue is, on my current computer anyway, is when i hit a note on the keyboard the latency is way to high so i wont hear the note instantly, which throws me way off as im sure you understand. Is this affected by the sound card? How do i determine if it has "true ASIO support"?

Sorry for the silly question but what do you mean when you say "monitor the midi instrument"? not completley tech savvy.

I have two midi keyboards my current one is midi out to usb. However my other one is midi out to midi in, will this make a difference to latency?
Thanks for you help
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 19:09