Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

sound quality with drivers
chronek
post Apr 1 2012, 14:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98287

Hello,

I am using window7 + creative sb x-fi hd usb + some sennheiser headphones and lately found that after install driver 1.2.21 over original 1.2.20 my sound got worsen (I usually playing flac files with foobar + sox resampler plugin + asio). After reinstall driver sound got back better quality.
I just wondering, i always do resample sound to highest profile what my card can play (24bit/96kHz) for bypass windows/driver resampling, and using even asio for bypass that but looks like that driver have own resampler and filters and even if i try best - driver can corrupt sound.
Know anyone a way to bypass driver and play original sound as much as possible?

Mike

This post has been edited by chronek: Apr 1 2012, 14:27
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
phofman
post Apr 2 2012, 09:20
Post #2

Member No.: 97162

I am correct that X-Fi, unlike most other cards, employs extensive DSP in hardware? At least the older Audigy cards did so. In such case I can imagine an updated firmware, a part of the driver upgrade, causing different sound.
+Quote Post
Nessuno
post Apr 2 2012, 10:06
Post #3

Member No.: 86562

QUOTE (phofman @ Apr 2 2012, 10:20) *
I can imagine an updated firmware, a part of the driver upgrade, causing different sound.

Already tried to downgrade the driver and verify the effect on sound?

By the way: you haven't jet detailed this difference in sound. We can't try to help you if we actually don't know anything about it.
In doing this, please follow the guidance of Hydrogenaudio TOS, especially point #8.

--------------------
... I live by long distance.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 14:30