Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

TOSLink -> 3x 3.5mm jack converter?, Trying to connect 5.1 headphones to a PS3
ChronoSphere
post Mar 31 2012, 18:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 41384

Hello,

I have a pair of Roccat Kave headphones with their 4x3.5mm jacks (mic + 5.1 sound) which I want to be able to use with my PS3.
The problem is that I don't want to have my PC running at the same time (to route the audio over my soundcard to the headset) and since the PS3 doesn't have any other way to output surround audio, I guess I need a TOSLink -> 3x3.5mm converter of some sort.

I tried searching, but couldn't really find anything, so my question is, do they even exist? If yes, do you know of any affordable solutions (preferably available in EU/Germany)?
Is there maybe another way? I guess the biggest problem is that the PS3 doesn't really accept many USB soundcards, if any at all.

I'm not really interested in getting the mic to work... but sound would be really nice.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
kronic01
post May 27 2012, 06:03
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 100188

I've just worked out how to do!!!!!!!! follow these steps get 3 times of 3.5mm jack leads for the Front Right/Left and Rear Right/Left and Sub/Cen... with the Three leads cut one side of each one and exspose the wire inside the plastic jacket and twist all exsposed wire of all three together into one and get a connector block and put them in and screw down so there gonna work properly and get a 3.5mm jack converter to RCA which is two red/White and get the jack side and cut off and exspose the wire too and twist and screw into connector block and circuit should be complete you should have 3x(3.5mm Jack) For Your Computer Leading into RCA Red/White For Your Amp! There problem solved not gonna bother buying a box now imma do my way and save aload of money!!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 10:18