IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Codec2, Any tests?
polemon
post Mar 22 2012, 21:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 68578

I was wondering, if someone has already played around with Codec2 by David Rowe.

The codec delivers impressive quality at 1500bps. I wonder what container I should use for archiving, as I don't have an interactive software that uses Codec2 right now. I wonder how I can run some tests with it, as I don't know of any decoder software right now.

Anyways, would be nice to know if this actually got any public exposure at all.

--------------------
-EOF-
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
polemon
post Mar 25 2012, 20:55
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 68578

Well, What I mean is, suppose I'd like to encode into Ogg/Opus, I'd like an encoder like oggenc for instance. Things like ffmpeg are a bit slow in development these days, though.

Since it is practically a given, that Opus will be contained in Ogg, I have two questions: What encoder should I use to encode in Ogg/Opus, and does Opus support a minimal bitstream container, like FLAC.

Now, this is just for Opus, but the real questions are about Codec2. Basically, what container will it have, if it is gonna have one at all? A minimal bitsream container, maybe? The demo encoders aren't really that nicely usable. For plain demo purposes it's OK, but I can't really do practical tests with it, since I don't even know a decoder for it (or in that sense, a Codec2 player...).

--------------------
-EOF-
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 08:55