IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Can anyone help me cleanup very dear MP3 of old (1985) song by friend?, Was: Help with MP3 song (TOS #6: please describe your thread)
boysha
post Mar 8 2012, 22:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97662

Hi,
I am not sure that I am at the right forum but I hope that someone can help me. I have a very dear mp3 of a song that my friend sang in 1985 and I was wondering if anyone can try and clean it and make it better or at least give me some pointers to how I can do that myself.
Thanks in advance! Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
Neb
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Kohlrabi
post Mar 8 2012, 22:43
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 20561

In remembrance of the last loss of precious music reported here, I hope you have (multiple!) backups of that file.

Then you can try to see if any tools in Audacity help with your files, it is a free (as in speech) audio editor. Since you have not been very specific, I think you could try the "Noise Removal" effect for starters. Please note that every time you save the file as .MP3 in audacity, you encode the decoded data again, which very likely reduces fidelity every time you do so, and is similar to a transcode of the file, and in extreme cases will result in generation loss effects. So it is better to use audacity project files or save to .WAV files as long as you work on the files, and only save the end product as MP3.

This post has been edited by Kohlrabi: Mar 8 2012, 23:37

--------------------
Audiophiles live in constant fear of jitter.
+Quote Post
boysha
post Mar 8 2012, 23:01
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 97662

Thank you very much! This will be a new territory for me but I will give it a try. I was hoping that there are people who do this as their second nature and would help. However, learning a little is a great thing too. Cheers!

This post has been edited by db1989: Mar 9 2012, 01:26
Reason for edit: removing unnecessary full quote
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 02:52