IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Playlist scroll problem when using page up/down keys and grouping
DervishD
post Feb 29 2012, 21:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97488

Hi all smile.gif

foobar2000 v1.1.11 with default UI, Windows 7 64, no "bad" components according to the online troobleshooter.

Short description: when grouping is enabled and you scroll your playlist contents using page up or page down keys, the number of lines scrolled are not calculated properly because the additional lines introduced by the grouping are not taken into account when scrolling.

Detailed description: let's say that with your current window size you can see 10 playlist entries, then if you hit page up or page down keys, the list will scroll 10 entries up or down. If you have grouping enabled, your playlist will have additional lines due to grouping (e.g. the artist name when grouping "By artist") but the list will still scroll 10 songs when you hit page up or page down, it should scroll 10 screen lines, not 10 songs.

Hope I explained it correctly, but I can include screenshots if needed.

Thanks!

Raśl
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dhromed
post Mar 1 2012, 10:03
Post #2

Member No.: 51347

I have the same problem, and posted a thread quite a while ago that I can't find anymore after 45 seconds of searching, but the reception was slightly less than enthusiastic.

Fact remains, it's difficult to pagedown through a large playlist when it arbitrarily skips items based on how dense the grouping is of a given portion of playlist. I've taken to middle-dragging and/or holding down the down-arrow key, but a properly working pageup/down would be nice.
+Quote Post
DervishD
post Mar 1 2012, 10:24
Post #3

Hi dhromed smile.gif

Thanks for confirming, I was thinking that only my wife and me had the problem.

I couldn't find your thread, either, I searched the forum and Google for a couple of hours trying to find similar reports to no avail.
+Quote Post
dhromed
post Mar 1 2012, 12:30
Post #4

Member No.: 51347

I was thinking that only my wife and me had the problem.

It's by design. Foobar uses the selected item as a reference point, instead of what's in the playlist's viewport.
+Quote Post
DervishD
post Mar 1 2012, 12:38
Post #5

Thanks for the explanation smile.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:21