IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Development Forum Rules

This forum is for developer discussions only. If you have a problem / bug report / idea / feature request that isn't related to foobar2000 SDK, post it in an appropiate forum instead - tech support questions go to support forum, everything else goes to general forum.
All non-developer posts on this forum will be removed. Continued abuse of this forum will result in admin actions (warnings, account suspension).

how to receive WM_KEYDOWN messages from my ui_element?
vroomvroom
post Feb 29 2012, 09:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91531

Hi,

Is there a way to receive WM_KEYDOWN (or WM_CHAR, or something along those lines) from my ui_element? I've tried adding MSG_WM_KEYDOWN to my MSG_MAP but the KEYDOWN messages do not seem to get to my ui_element. I imagine that foobar is not "routing" them. Is there a way to make this work?

My use case is like this: I have a bunch of vertical scrollbars in my ui_element that I would like to control via keyboard when my ui_element has focus (e.g. Q & A for up & down of first scrollbar, W & S for the second, E & D for the third, etc)
I imagine I could register a bunch of menu items and set them via preferences -> keyboard shortcuts, but is there a better way to do it?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 09:48