IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

SoX in cmd - A little help
FreaqyFrequency
post Feb 26 2012, 02:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94145

I should begin with the disclaimer that I am completely a noob at cmd. In fact, I only recently got acquainted with it in order to experiment with lossyWAV, and I still have much learning to do.

I'm trying to set up an ABX experiment to see whether or not files resampled to 32k via SoX' VHQ linear phase algorithm are transparent. If they are, this would mean that I could be comfortable resampling all of my lossless content to 32k (consequently saving a lot of space) and then converting to Vorbis, hopefully maximizing the efficiency of its psychoacoustic engine. After I downloaded the binary and moved the executable file to my output folder, however, cmd is not recognizing its presence at all. Could anyone lend me a hand there, first of all, and then help me with the parameters for resampling (if further help is necessary)?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
FLAC -2 w/ lossyWAV 1.3.0i -q X -i
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Wombat
post Feb 26 2012, 05:02
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 235

Sorry to disturb your monologue but downsampling to 32kHz somehow makes no sense, no matter what you may hear.
These days you may argue about 24/96 being a waste on HD space but from 44.1kHz to 32kHz!? Maybe some day a new generation of hearing aid is developed and what then?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 06:22