IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

DVD-Audio discs glitch audibly—only since I upgraded CPU and added RAM, Was: Strange DVD-Audio Decoder behavior (TOS #6)
markshan
post Feb 23 2012, 04:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79046

Hello all. I recently made some changes to my computer. I added a better video card, I upgraded my processor and I added RAM. Before I did all of this, DVD_Audio discs played back with no problem. Now, they glitch audibly. I thought perhaps it was an issue with the video card having HDMI, so I disabled the "AMD high definition audio device" in hardware manager and restarted. This didn't help. So I updated thje the latest satble version of both Foobar and the plug. This didn't help.

Out of curiosity, I used Foobar "convert" to save the file to my hard drive at 24/96. This played back flawlessly. Any ideas? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
markshan
post Mar 2 2012, 04:46
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 79046

It just dawned on me that I hadn't played an audio CD since all of this started. I tried one and it glitched as well. Even more strange, when it glitched it also changed the playback speed and pitch. Is there some Foobar setting that controls clock speed? Again, no issues with files from the hard drive, but now I am finding that it won't play any optical media correctly.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2014 - 05:20