IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Writing Metadata to WAV files
Metalninja89
post Feb 17 2012, 22:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97224

Hey so I am kind of new to using lossless audio especially WAV, and I'm really organized with all my music files I always fix the metadata if it's off and I'll add artwork and lyrics but I cannot seem for the life of me to write that kind of data to WAV files. Is it even possible? I usually use mp3tag pro for mp3's and FLAC's and it works fine for that, can anyone help please?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
kwanbis
post Feb 18 2012, 06:12
Post #2

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 2425

QUOTE (Metalninja89 @ Feb 17 2012, 22:37) *
I always fix the metadata if it's off and I'll add artwork and lyrics but I cannot seem for the life of me to write that kind of data to WAV files.

Sorry, why would you use WAV over FLAC? Is it because of some software/hardware requirement?

This post has been edited by kwanbis: Feb 18 2012, 15:57

--------------------
MAREO: http://www.webearce.com.ar
+Quote Post
Metalninja89
post Feb 18 2012, 23:13
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 97224

QUOTE (kwanbis @ Feb 17 2012, 21:12) *
QUOTE (Metalninja89 @ Feb 17 2012, 22:37) *
I always fix the metadata if it's off and I'll add artwork and lyrics but I cannot seem for the life of me to write that kind of data to WAV files.

Sorry, why would you use WAV over FLAC? Is it because of some software/hardware requirement?

Well maybe I can clarify this here, because I thought that even though both WAV and FLAC are considered to be lossless audio I thought that WAV was kind of like the best for lossless formats considering the bit rate is always a bit higher than FLAC files.
+Quote Post
Kohlrabi
post Feb 19 2012, 02:18
Post #4

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 20561

QUOTE (Metalninja89 @ Feb 18 2012, 23:13) *
I thought that WAV was kind of like the best for lossless formats considering the bit rate is always a bit higher than FLAC files.

Bit rate is a measure of filesize per second of audio. Hence, for lossless encodes you'd want to choose the encoder producing encodes with the smallest bit rate. There is some correlation of increasing perceived audio quality with increasing bit rate for lossy encoding, when comparing encodes made by the same encoder. To use bit rate as quality metric across multiple lossy formats is invalid.

--------------------
Audiophiles live in constant fear of jitter.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 07:50