IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Can we play genuine DSD Stream with PCs?, Moved (back) to Audio Hardware by request
Happy Water
post Feb 15 2012, 23:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66082

Hi,

now ripping a SACD is possible and we can play SACD ISO with foobar2000.
But still, we must convert DSD stream to a PCM stream and then output it to the PC soundcard or
a DA/C through USB 1394 HDMI or SPIDF, etc..

I saw the autodetect ASIO Driver Mode in foo_input_sacd plugin Preferences page of foobar2000, but I don't know any Devices(both soundcard and DAC)
that supports it. Now I'm really looking forward to a scheme that can play genuine DSD Stream with PC...

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Happy Water
post Feb 21 2012, 22:18
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 66082

Thanks for replies...

Actually, I am a senior student of Information Engineering. As a senior, I made those conclusions with confidence, but now it seems I am still quite young.

QUOTE (Arnold B. Krueger @ Feb 21 2012, 14:01) *
It is pretty well known among the more technically sophisticated members of the audio industry that DSD was invented by Sony for the purposes of IP protection, not better sound.

Now I think this should be the key word for me as I do originally thought that Sony invented DSD for better sound.

However, there is still one question confuses me.
How much loss is there when we convert DSD to PCM(especially 176.4KHz 24bit, by foo_input_sacd Plugin or AudioGate) for playing those Albums which are claimed recorded and mixed under Pure DSD Environment? (if any?)

BTW, I heard that only a few Music Albums are recorded under pure DSD environment while the others are converted from PCM tracks.
Is it true?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 23:08