IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hooking up PC to powered speakers with XLR?, How to connect to pro-audio gear?
TooSteep
post Feb 9 2012, 19:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 33910

Hello all:

I believe I am about to come in to possession of a pair of powered DJ speakers. I believe they have XLR connectors on the back.

What is the simplest method of connecting my PC to them and controlling the volume from my desk, strictly for playback (no recording)?

Right now, I have an external 24-bit USB box, with analog RCA outs that I run into my amplifier that sits on a shelf at the side of my room. The amp has a simple little remote control that I use from my desk to control the volume on my stand-mounted monitors. I keep the volume control in Windows and on Foobar set to maximum - assuming (hoping?) that it gives me maximum bit depth for the music.

Is there a 'de facto' standard method around here for hooking up to Active pro-audio gear?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Arnold B. Kruege...
post Feb 14 2012, 14:20
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 61311

QUOTE (TooSteep @ Feb 9 2012, 13:44) *
Hello all:

I believe I am about to come in to possession of a pair of powered DJ speakers. I believe they have XLR connectors on the back.

What is the simplest method of connecting my PC to them and controlling the volume from my desk, strictly for playback (no recording)?

Right now, I have an external 24-bit USB box, with analog RCA outs that I run into my amplifier that sits on a shelf at the side of my room. The amp has a simple little remote control that I use from my desk to control the volume on my stand-mounted monitors. I keep the volume control in Windows and on Foobar set to maximum - assuming (hoping?) that it gives me maximum bit depth for the music.

Is there a 'de facto' standard method around here for hooking up to Active pro-audio gear?

About as close to that as there to a standard for interconnecting balanced and unbalanced equipment as there is would be this page on the web:

Rane Note 110

This post has been edited by Arnold B. Krueger: Feb 14 2012, 14:21
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 00:03