Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Surround receiver - how are analogue inputs handled
thesurfingalien
post Feb 9 2012, 12:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 88533

Hi All,

Maybe a strange question, but if I use the analogue surround (x.1) inputs on a surround receiver, will the be passed on to the amps directly, or are they first converted to digital?

Thanks,
Peter
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
andy o
post Feb 10 2012, 20:58
Post #2

Member No.: 68950

That's how I would do it. I only run an HTPC and a PS3 to my AVR and from that to a 50-inch monitor (no tuners or speakers in it) so I have a similar setup. I'd go with an AMD offering, cause their HDMI audio is better. Perhaps you could wait a few days or weeks until the new 7000 series start trickling down.
+Quote Post
thesurfingalien
post Feb 11 2012, 22:18
Post #3

Member No.: 88533

QUOTE (andy o @ Feb 10 2012, 17:58) *
That's how I would do it. I only run an HTPC and a PS3 to my AVR and from that to a 50-inch monitor (no tuners or speakers in it) so I have a similar setup. I'd go with an AMD offering, cause their HDMI audio is better. Perhaps you could wait a few days or weeks until the new 7000 series start trickling down.

Hi Andy,

I was actually thinking of an all-in-one solution like this one: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_CPU...Board/AT5IONTI/

Is there a specific reason the AMD based HDMI is better?

I have also been looking at AVR's and found this one: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visua...=product_lineup

I might be able to ask a USA based friend to bring it along the next time he comes over. Right now it is rather cheap. Probably cheaper than any used ones I can get here, even old(er) ones.

In that respect it is weird here in Brazil... I saw a Pioneer integrated amp a couple of days ago, at least 20 years old, selling for R$ 2500 (close to U$ 1450). It was pretty banged up too :-)

Peter

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 19:18