IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Will PeachTree amps work w/ RockBoxed iPod 5G? Firmware compatibility, Moved from General Audio (TOS #6)
hippopot
post Feb 8 2012, 22:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97016

I wondered if my rockbox firmware(added to a fifth gen. ipod), wil be playable on peachtree's i-decco, i-dac or i-nova amp equipment. Peachtree seems to imply that ipods older than the "classic" models, won't be compatable with the i-decco. I can't seem to find any information online regarding rockbox firmware playing on peachtree equipment. Would love to be able to play flac files straight from the ipod into the i-decco's dac. Hopefully someone out there has tried this.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
saratoga
post Feb 8 2012, 23:03
Post #2

Member No.: 3264

QUOTE (hippopot @ Feb 8 2012, 16:53) *
I wondered if my rockbox firmware(added to a fifth gen. ipod), wil be playable on peachtree's i-decco, i-dac or i-nova amp equipment. Peachtree seems to imply that ipods older than the "classic" models, won't be compatable with the i-decco. I can't seem to find any information online regarding rockbox firmware playing on peachtree equipment. Would love to be able to play flac files straight from the ipod into the i-decco's dac. Hopefully someone out there has tried this.

The digital out on all Apple portable devices is heavily encrypted, so unless someone leaks decryption keys it will never be possible to use anything but Apple software and devices with it.
+Quote Post
hippopot
post Feb 8 2012, 23:17
Post #3

Member No.: 97016

so putting flac files on a "rockboxed" ipod only plays through on headphones. Will playing an ipod out of the bottom- jack, with a converter improve the sound over using the heaphone jack into a stereo?

This post has been edited by db1989: Feb 9 2012, 21:22
Reason for edit: removing unnecessary full quote
+Quote Post
saratoga
post Feb 8 2012, 23:24
Post #4

Member No.: 3264

QUOTE (hippopot @ Feb 8 2012, 17:17) *
so putting flac files on a "rockboxed" ipod only plays through on headphones. Will playing an ipod out of the bottom- jack, with a converter improve the sound over using the heaphone jack into a stereo?

Its very unlikely to make a difference. The output on iPods is good enough.

That said, getting a stereo that supports the ipod's dock isn't a bad idea. It'll charge automatically, and fix the volume at line level for you.
+Quote Post
probedb
post Feb 9 2012, 09:11
Post #5

Member No.: 16817

QUOTE (hippopot @ Feb 8 2012, 22:17) *

I'm pretty sure the adaptors that use the line out from an iPod are fine. I guess if you wanted to you could buy something that gives the line out and plug that into a stereo rather than the headphone socket?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 10:35