IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Excluding 'the' in sorting artists, jump to artist by key, was: "Trouble getting Foobar to do several tasks" (TOS #6)
wicked.ludicrous
post Feb 8 2012, 02:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96998

Alright, so I'm fairly new to Foobar, as I've been a MediaMonkey user. But I'm trying to switch to completely use Foobar

That said, I'm still confused by all these UIs, Facets, and other various components to Foobar.
So I've been adding my MP3 files to a playlist alongside another playlist for my FLAC files. I understand that adding songs/files directly to a playlist doesn't add them to my Foobar library which is what I want. But how do I get them to auto-sort? Foobar wasn't excluding 'the' in sorting artists, so I have Foo Facets. But whenever I exit Foobar, my playlist doesn't remember to sort like that. In Library - Configure - Facets, I have the box checked off: Ignore leading 'the' when sorting. Why isn't this working 24/7?

Also, is there a way to have Foobar jump to the artist respective to the key I hit? Just like in iTunes or MediaMonkey, when users hit 'f,' the programs jump to the first artist starting with the letter 'f.' Is is possible to do the same in Foobar?

If anyone could help, that would be awesome. I've tried reading the FAQ and other threads, but have no idea what to do...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tpijag
post Feb 9 2012, 17:40
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 53637

You look closer wink.gif Right above the word LIBRARY
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 17:09