IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Starting to Get Into Vinyl
Dukedudez
post Feb 5 2012, 03:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94631

I really want to get into records because my dad has a lot of old ones that I really want to listen to. I also have some myself from newer bands. I need a turntable, but I'm not sure what brand or type to get. So far the only one that looks great to me is the Audio Technica AT-PL60 for around $65. Does anyone else know of a good record player/turntable that is under $100? I'm not looking for the best of the best, I just really need one that is great for its price and will play my vinyls well. I now realize that I'll need to get a decent pair of speakers. The Sony SS-B1000 Bookshelf speakers look nice to me, but again, you guys know more than I do. Are these good speakers? Are there better speakers out there for under $50? I also realized that I need an Amp. What is a good amp for this turntable?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Dukedudez
post Feb 7 2012, 22:30
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 94631

That does look pretty awesome, and I'll probably buy it. But I still don't know which turntable or speakers or amp to get. I honestly have most of my music collection on my computer, even the vinyls I own. I just want to set up a stereo system where I can listen to my vinyls as they are and without being on my computer. Also, my computer speakers are crap, but that's not the main problem.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 04:44