IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Starting to Get Into Vinyl
Dukedudez
post Feb 5 2012, 03:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94631

I really want to get into records because my dad has a lot of old ones that I really want to listen to. I also have some myself from newer bands. I need a turntable, but I'm not sure what brand or type to get. So far the only one that looks great to me is the Audio Technica AT-PL60 for around $65. Does anyone else know of a good record player/turntable that is under $100? I'm not looking for the best of the best, I just really need one that is great for its price and will play my vinyls well. I now realize that I'll need to get a decent pair of speakers. The Sony SS-B1000 Bookshelf speakers look nice to me, but again, you guys know more than I do. Are these good speakers? Are there better speakers out there for under $50? I also realized that I need an Amp. What is a good amp for this turntable?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Dukedudez
post Feb 7 2012, 02:54
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 94631

Thanks for all the advice Doug! For one thing, I'm not really looking to connect it to my computer or anything. I really just want to have my own vinyl stereo set up. I pretty much threw the ATPL60 out the window and now I'm going to try and get my hands on an old Technics from craigslist or Goodwill. I've heard a lot of good things about them. I still have no clue what some good speakers are and a good preamp though.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 15:36