Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
EAC or MediaMonkey?
newfie1970
post Feb 3 2012, 22:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 71433

Hi i have a quick question i want to archive some of my cd box sets for high quality back ups would i use MediaMonkey ripping using flac or EAC?I hope someone can help me out thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
andrew_berge
post Feb 3 2012, 23:53
Post #2

Member No.: 75012

QUOTE (newfie1970 @ Feb 3 2012, 16:47) *
Hi i have a quick question i want to archive some of my cd box sets for high quality back ups would i use MediaMonkey ripping using flac or EAC?I hope someone can help me out thanks

I never used Media monkey to rip CDs, so i guess i can just say it would depend on whether or not it supports Accuraterip and secure ripping.

Whichever program you end up using, i suggest you look up tutorials (maybe other members here can recommend some?) on how to configure it to make sure it's right. It's not fun to rip half your collection then realize you've done something wrong.

Personally, i use EAC and this guide.

This post has been edited by andrew_berge: Feb 3 2012, 23:54
+Quote Post
EricPost
post Feb 4 2012, 02:10
Post #3

Member No.: 69082

Media Monkey does support AccurateRip, though I've read some people say it's been polluted by virtual drives. I used EAC but lately I have been loving CueRipper. It has the MediaMonkey codec APE so you can rip your CDs to that and compress them a bit more than with FLAC or WavPack, though I believe decompression times are worse with APE. But for storage only you get slightly better compression.
+Quote Post
db1989
post Feb 4 2012, 21:08
Post #4

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

QUOTE (EricPost @ Feb 4 2012, 01:10) *
Media Monkey does support AccurateRip, though I've read some people say it's been polluted by virtual drives.
I shall leave it to other users to comment on the claim about pollution of ARDB, but it should be noted that such a problem would affect all AR-using applications and would by no means be exclusive to MediaMonkey, as this quote might be interpreted as implying.

I used EAC but lately I have been loving CueRipper. It has the MediaMonkey codec APE so you can rip your CDs to that and compress them a bit more than with FLAC or WavPack, though I believe decompression times are worse with APE. But for storage only you get slightly better compression.
Another thing that should be noted is that Monkey’s Audio (a.k.a. APE) is, analogously to the above, standalone and not specifically related to MediaMonkey.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 16:07