IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

My Story....Epic win..., Klipsh Image S4i
IIMaxII
post Jan 30 2012, 01:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96791

Okay so me being the idiot I am, washed my clothes unknowingly having my klipsh image s4i in my jacket pocket, When I found them I was so scared the cord looked kind of tangly but the pair looked fine I immediately plugged them in and they still work and exactly how they did before...biggrin.gif my plan is to return them to best buy since I have a warranty and buy a complete new pair or maybe a different better pair? What's the next step after the klipsh image s4i sound quality wise? smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
slks
post Feb 1 2012, 11:05
Post #2

Member No.: 29046

Immediately plugging them in probably wasn't the best idea. You might have just been lucky this time.

The best thing to do when you get electronics wet is to immediately remove the electrical supply from it, whether by unplugging it or yanking out the battery. Of course, your headphones weren't plugged in when they went into the wash. And I'm not sure how true it is for simple passive devices like headphones (and actually noise-cancelling or other 'smart' headphones aren't that simple), but for anything with a chip or a circuit board like cellphones or laptops - you'll want to cut the power to it immediately, and for a long time. It's often not the water itself that damages electronics, but short-circuits created by water on the electronics conducting electricity.

What I would have done is blast the headphones with a hair dryer for a bit, then let them sit a full 24 or 48 hours to let the water totally dry out. THEN plug them in to see if they still work.

Good to hear the phones still work, though. Just a few days ago, my trusty pair died on me, and I went to Best Buy and picked up some Skullcandys for $50, and they were just about the worst headphones I've ever used. Listening to a tone sweep on them, it sounds like 6 dB or more variance, just between 100 and 5000 Hz. Never, ever waste good money on a pair of those trash headphones. I could have constructed better ones out of coat hangers and cardboard. That's all I can say.

This post has been edited by slks: Feb 1 2012, 11:06

--------------------
http://www.last.fm/user/sls/
+Quote Post
rick.hughes
post Feb 1 2012, 15:22
Post #3

Member No.: 40679

QUOTE (slks @ Feb 1 2012, 05:05) *
The best thing to do when you get electronics wet is to immediately remove the electrical supply from it, whether by unplugging it or yanking out the battery....

Good advice. I actually put my cellphone through the washer and dryer. After removing the battery and letting it dry for a few days it worked except the buttons were a little bouncy. I used that phone about a year after that.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 23:48