Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Pre Amp/Receiver for Stereo
Stephan37
post Jan 26 2012, 18:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84556

Hi Guys!

Would you be willing to recommend a decent (nothing fancy) pre amp/receiver with remote control to be used with active monitors?

Remote control mandatory.
If its depth is not too much that would be helpful as well for wife acceptance reasons...

And if the volume is shown on a display, I consider it cool. biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance for helping me out here.

Stephan
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mixminus1
post Feb 3 2012, 17:42
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 20097

Those are both "tape outs" ("DVR/BDR" and "CD-R/TAPE"), i.e. fixed line-level outputs of the currently-selected source.

There actually *was* a unit that could do exactly what the OP wants - the Audio Alchemy DLC.

I've had one for about 15 years now, and it's a unique little box: less than half-rack in size, four line-level inputs, two sets of outputs, and not a single button on the unit - entirely run from the remote, which you do *not* misplace as it has an all-metal body with a milled aluminum faceplate and buttons about the size of nickels.

The entire front panel consists of four LEDs to indicate the currently-selected source, one for power, one for mute, and then two roughly 0.75-inch tall red 2-digit LED readouts of the volume level in either percent (0-99) or dB (both gain and attenuation) - they're easily readable from 20+ feet away. The whole thing is pretty much the definition of minimalism.

@ OP: If you can find one used - big "if" - it would do exactly what you need, and be about as inconspicuous as possible...except for the volume display. wink.gif

--------------------
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 21:59