Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Pre Amp/Receiver for Stereo
Stephan37
post Jan 26 2012, 18:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84556

Hi Guys!

Would you be willing to recommend a decent (nothing fancy) pre amp/receiver with remote control to be used with active monitors?

Remote control mandatory.
If its depth is not too much that would be helpful as well for wife acceptance reasons...

And if the volume is shown on a display, I consider it cool. biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance for helping me out here.

Stephan
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
andy o
post Feb 3 2012, 02:41
Post #2

Member No.: 68950

I think any low-midrange receiver from your favorite consumer brand (i.e. Sony, Pioneer, Onkyo, etc.) will do just fine, just make sure it has stereo pre outputs at the very least.

What's your source, BTW, and what kind of connection would you use (analog, SPDIF)?

This post has been edited by andy o: Feb 3 2012, 02:44
+Quote Post
mzil
post Feb 3 2012, 07:05
Post #3

Member No.: 45913

QUOTE (andy o @ Feb 2 2012, 20:41) *
I think any low-midrange receiver from your favorite consumer brand (i.e. Sony, Pioneer, Onkyo, etc.) will do just fine, just make sure it has stereo pre outputs at the very least.

He may not even need that, if he's willing to plug an adapter into the front panel headphone jack, in lieu of a true pre-out. Maybe not ideal, but it works in a pinch and opens up the possible candidates greatly. [Since I think pre-outs on introductory units are not that common these days and will limit his selection greatly. The situation is similar to how , as was mentioned, he should consider surround sound designs even if he only needs stereo, since they don't really cost more , oddly, yet can be used as stereo only units, without a problem.]

This post has been edited by mzil: Feb 3 2012, 07:09
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 23:24