Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

MP3 ripping + merging MP3s
h2de5
post Jan 26 2012, 01:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96706

HI,

I have installed the LAME in the program file folder of the EAC folder, then i have set its path in the external compression option.

So i now need to rip my CDs, however they are audio books so i want the quality to 64kps, however it only allows me to go to 96kps

is there a way to do this?, im only new at this and i am thinking a command line? however wouldnt have a clue how to do this.

ALSO - what will be the best program to join all my MP3 tracks into 1 file... ?

thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DVDdoug
post Jan 26 2012, 02:15
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 46454

ALSO - what will be the best program to join all my MP3 tracks into 1 file... ?
mp3DirectCut (FREE!!!) should be able to do it, and it works without re-encoding the MP3. (All general-purpose audio editors need to decode before editing/processing.)

Are you sure you want to make one big file???? I've done this a couple of times, and I've made chapters (and sub-chapters). But, it wasn't easy since the CD tracks didn't seem to match-up with the chapters.

So i now need to rip my CDs, however they are audio books so i want the quality to 64kps, however it only allows me to go to 96kps.
Strange... LAME itself goes down to 32kbps, but I've never used a bitrate that low.

XRECODE (FREE!!!) is easy to use and it should be able to re-encode to 64kbps, but you might not get the same quality as if you were to compress once.

This post has been edited by DVDdoug: Jan 26 2012, 02:19
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 16:33