IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Can't add FLACs to WMP's Media Library, WMP Tag Plus problem?
omissis
post Jan 21 2012, 09:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 73975

Hi all
Didn't find a topic which could include my problem , so here it is.
Win7 x64 machine there, using WMP12 x86
I installed the FLAC media foundation codec, here, a real nice alternative because doesn't install as a DSF but rather as a simple codec, and, most of all, gets rid of the annoying seekbar problem;after that I installed the WMP Tag Plus plug in, wishing to tag my few FLAC files; though that I'm experiencing the fact that my FLAC files can't be added to the media library, let alone be tagged.
Now I can't relate the problem to the WMP itself, I know I first installed the FLAC 1.2.1b frontend, then the FLAC mf, then the WMPTag plus; now I uninstalled the FLAC frontend but nothing changed : I can't add FLACs to th MEdia Library nor tag them via Windows Explorer despite the WMPTag plus is correctly pluged in.
Can anybody help me get around this problem?
many thanks
Max
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
omissis
post Jan 21 2012, 16:48
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 73975

QUOTE (Chinch @ Jan 21 2012, 13:35) *
My "educated guess" is simply that Microsoft doesn't care... about OpenSource projects! Just kidding, sorta.
[...]

Quoting every single word, Chinch..., though that the thing is I want to use WMP, because I messed a lot with other players in the past, which ended up corrupting some files, and I simply don't like the fb2k interface, talking about very personal tastes wink.gif .
At the moment I wouldn't build an album art library, though I've already scanned my cds, not now at least, I just would like the very few files I have to be added to the WMP library...I can't understand that because with WMP11 it was an easy task once installed the wMP Tag program, and using the illiminable DSF... strange thing as the OS codec should be less invasive...hm, maybe I think I should ask to the WMPTag plus support, thx anyway smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 17:32