IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Where does CueTools store CD information?
Ronstang
post Jan 21 2012, 02:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96585

Whenever you use CueTools to manipulate your files a box pops up that samples several databases so you can choose the closest metadata match to your CD. There must be a local database on the hard drive that is unique to each user because if you edit the fields to your liking the next time you use Cuetools on the image/tracks right at the top is your personalized one. I have hundreds of CDs I have processed with CueTools but now I am faced with having to reinstall Windows 7 and I need to know which file/files I need to copy to the new installation so I maintain all of this work.

I know there is a file in EAC you can copy to keep it's settings and in the old days it was simply cdplayer.ini that stored all such information for all audio programs but I cannot find the where Cutools stores this data on my hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Manlord
post Jan 21 2012, 03:28
Post #2

Member No.: 79529

Using Windows 7 it's at C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\CUE Tools
Concretely, it's the file named LocalDB.xml
+Quote Post
Ronstang
post Jan 21 2012, 04:10
Post #3

Thank you vry much.
+Quote Post
Ronstang
post Jan 21 2012, 08:56
Post #4

Unfortunately that does not seem to be the solution. I copied that file over from my old installation and all the CDs I had edited were not present in my versions. I did a couple of CDs over again on the new system and the LocalDB.xml.z file did not change and my database entries were still shown in CueTools when I completely deleted that file altogether.

Now I am more baffled than ever. This information has to be stored somewhere, the question is just where.
+Quote Post
BrassDude
post Apr 21 2012, 08:24
Post #5

Member No.: 87835

LocalDB.xml.z seems to be the correct answer: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=747526
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:38