IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Crazy problem: USB port provides bad sound, but only at low CPU usage, Was: CrazyProblem:BadSound@lowCPU-usage (Please use your space bar.)
A_Man_Eating_Duc...
post Jan 28 2012, 20:00
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 705

When i had random bacon sizzling noises on my m-audio delta all I had to disable was the enhanced c state in the bios. M-audio did fix the problem through a driver update so maybe drop the soundcard manufacturer an email with your findings so hopefully they will fix it.

This post has been edited by A_Man_Eating_Duck: Jan 28 2012, 20:01

--------------------
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
reselty
post Jan 30 2012, 17:44
Post #27

Member No.: 80065

QUOTE (A_Man_Eating_Duck @ Jan 28 2012, 21:00) *
When i had random bacon sizzling noises on my m-audio delta all I had to disable was the enhanced c state in the bios. M-audio did fix the problem through a driver update so maybe drop the soundcard manufacturer an email with your findings so hopefully they will fix it.

Did send it to: intel, viliv and realtek - let's see what will happen...
+Quote Post
Arnold B. Kruege...
post Jan 31 2012, 14:13
Post #28

Member No.: 61311

I think you are onto something with the USB power angle. Some computers have USB ports that are substandard - they can't put out the full one amp and maintain a decent 5 volts. Using a powered hub circumvents that problem very nicely, thank you.

The power situation on the motherboard may be so bad that changing CPU use is changing power drain, which is in turn changing how the weak power from the USB port is working.hey

I suspect a bad power supply in the PC or a really weird but substandard system board (presuming that the port is coming off the system board.)

This post has been edited by db1989: Jan 31 2012, 15:06
Reason for edit: removing unnecessary/huge full quote of first post
+Quote Post
Maggi
post Jan 31 2012, 15:26
Post #29

Member No.: 43892

QUOTE (reselty @ Jan 28 2012, 01:46) *
QUOTE (Maggi @ Jan 20 2012, 18:09) *
you could also have a look into your system's BIOS settings and see if "spread spectrum" is enabled or not
as a test you could change that setting, retry playing back without CPU load and see if the problem persists
Cheers,
Maggi

Hi Maggi (do you speak German?)
In my BIOS I can't change such a setting!

Yes, I speak german, so send me a PM, if you need ... smile.gif

As for all those BIOS switches and their meanings, look here (german BIOS Kompendium):

http://www.bios-info.de/4p92x846/befhpt.htm

Also, you could use AIDA64's ( http://www.aida64.com/downloads ) system stability test for monitoring your system's voltages when put under load or running in idle

Maybe that could give a hint on what's going on with your USB's power output ...

Cheers,
Maggi
+Quote Post
reselty
post Feb 1 2012, 15:01
Post #30

Member No.: 80065

Thanks for Inputs Maggi and Arnold

I tried many of this portable tools, also aida (but how I think 32 not 64) but could not really find the USB voltages. 'll try it again...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 20:54