Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

MPC and EAC don't work with command lines options
LaurentNerva
post Jan 18 2012, 13:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96531

Hello.

I would like ripping and encoding WAV to MPC with the extern programm mpcenc.exe but there is a malfunction. The settings are here :

With this setup in Additional command-line options :

CODE
--quality 9 --xlevel --ape2 --artist "%a" --title "%t" --album "%g" --year "%y" --track "%n" --genre "%m" %s

I have this error message :

Even this only setting don't works :

CODE
--quality 9

How can I do ?

Thanks...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
LaurentNerva
post Jan 30 2012, 11:58
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 96531

On the base, the great majority of my musical files are coded in HE-AAC with SBR. I chose definitively Aimp3 because I like the lightness and the aspect of this software, besides its sound high quality. What makes that I do not absolutely wish to change it.

Aimp3 reads all the formats, including the HE-AAC as well as the values of Replay Gain which are registered in files. Problem : the module of calculation of Replay Gain gives different values that Winamp or Foobar2000. That would not be a problem if all the library was scanned with the module of Aimp3 but with the files HE-AAC, only the value in decibels is registered in the file, not the value of the peak.

Thus, to calculate Replay Gain, I thought of using Foobar2000 in portable version. New problem : it calculates correctly the value of Replay Gain of files HE-AAC but does not manage to integrate the data with this format. So that I tried to use the AAC of iTunes (m4a) in command line with qtaacenc.exe but according to what I was able to read, it is necessary to have QuickTime installed on the PC and I don't want to have another additional program which will almost be of no use.

I chose now the MPC for my collection of classical music. Here, not of Replay Gain but I was going to use from now on this format for the other musical styles by integrating Replay Gain. But because Aimp3 does not manage to read the values, I am in a dead end because I don't either want to reinstall Winamp, who calculates and registers very well Replay Gain des HE-AAC.

Is there a means to use qtaacenc.exe without installing QuickTime or other solution at my problems ?

Thank...

This post has been edited by LaurentNerva: Jan 30 2012, 12:01
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 08:23