IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sound setup questions., Sound card/headphones/mic etc.
Kreyn
post Jan 6 2012, 20:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96287

Okay so after doing a little research, I am trying to come up with what is best. Basically I want a soundcard for my z5500 speakers and a future audiophile headset for making music. I have a keystone 49 midi keyboard which I use, and I can't use it through my speakers atm because it uses the onboard sound which sucks and makes it all distorted. Also when I play it through my current headset (logitech g35) I get a really annoying delay when playing through the midi (usb) keyboard.

So just a question, running my speakers through a sound card (I'm thinking the Asus Xonar D2X?) should solve the distortion problem and make the sound quality excellent, however would it stop the delay I'm getting with the midi keyboard, and because it's USB, would the midi keyboard still run through the sound card? Additionally, the sound card must be a PCIe 1x card due to not having any other slots available.

As for the microphone, I was thinking a Blue snowball (will also be able to use it for acoustic recordings so that should be nice). Would I have any problems just using it as a desktop microphone for things like skype as well (with audiophile headphones).

And onto the final question. What audiophile headset would you recommend? If possible I'd like it to still be able to do surround sound for games because if I'm spending this much on audio equipment I don't wanna have to use my g35 for games. I was thinking the Denon AH D2000, they are a bit pricey though.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 20:05