Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Strange hearing "problems"
Gainless
post Dec 26 2011, 22:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94764

Hi everyone,

A few days ago I got myself an inflammation of the middle ear on both sides, which was the reason I rested my ears a bit for some time and of course went to the doctor. Yesterday, when I listened to some music again, I had a weird experience: Everything I turned on on my PC actually sounded too "high" for me like someone pitched it up. I thought that it were some issues with my soundcard at first, but it's the same when I listen through my Mp3-player. Maybe it's imagination, but everything sounds so off now, it's funny and scary at the same time. Did someone have a similar experience with infections of the ear and the impact on the hearing?

This post has been edited by Gainless: Dec 26 2011, 23:02
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
slks
post Dec 27 2011, 01:28
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 29046

I've had that experience while under the influence of dissociative hallucinogens before, but in my case the pitch sounded lowered, not raised. It was also accompanied by a sort of "flanging" effect. It seems to be a fairly common effect with such drugs.

However, I've never heard of such things resulting from an ear infection! Are you sure things don't just sound muffled from wax or fluid buildup in the ears? Did you go under any sort of anesthesia at the doctor, perhaps?

It will be interesting to see if anyone knows anything about this... keep us posted.

--------------------
http://www.last.fm/user/sls/
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th December 2014 - 01:00