IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Need help getting new audio set for pc (2:1), I'm totally new at audio and need help
post Dec 23 2011, 15:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95990

Hello

i'm getting a new 2:1 set for my computer to play music with (and a little bit of gaming). but i'm having trouble finding good hardware.

I asked around and some one told me to get this set:

Xonar DX
Bookshelf Pair: DV62si
Mini Amp: DTA-100a
Sub: Polk Audio PSW 10

problem is i live in holland and only the xonar xd is avaible in holland (without shipment)

basically what i want is a good sound set around €400/€500 i'm pretty happy with getting the jamo-c-601-(zwart) bookshelf speakers but the problem are the sub and amp

i was thinking about getting a Yamaha YST-SW216 or Magnat Monitor Supreme Sub 201A .
i heard the jamo sub 210 is pretty good but i don't like the idea of the sub pointing down (i live on the second floor) but if it is a lot better i would buy it.

i'm also having a problem getting a good amp and't i'm not sure if i even need one.

also is the sonar DX a good card or should i get a newer one?

i hope you an help me and many thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by 105424: Dec 23 2011, 15:30
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Apesbrain
post Dec 23 2011, 22:51
Post #2

Member No.: 10915

There are many options but a particularly elegant one is the Bowers & Wilkins MM-1. It alone replaces all the stuff you have listed, takes up little room, and is reputed to have excellent performance. You should be able to find a dealer in Holland or order online for well within your budget. A nice advantage of a system like this is how easily you can move it to another PC when you need mobility or when you upgrade your desktop. I think you can even use it alone with a portable music player if you ever have the need, e.g. "party" mode.
+Quote Post
post Dec 23 2011, 23:49
Post #3

Member No.: 95990

QUOTE (Apesbrain @ Dec 23 2011, 22:51) *
There are many options but a particularly elegant one is the Bowers & Wilkins MM-1. It alone replaces all the stuff you have listed, takes up little room, and is reputed to have excellent performance. You should be able to find a dealer in Holland or order online for well within your budget. A nice advantage of a system like this is how easily you can move it to another PC when you need mobility or when you upgrade your desktop. I think you can even use it alone with a portable music player if you ever have the need, e.g. "party" mode.

thanks for the reply

but i have to say that i'm not really blown away by the speakers cause they don't seem like they are very powerful.

i listen mainly to dubstep and a strong bass is very important for that. but i don't get the idea this set will give that to me.

but i will go check out one of the retailers in the Netherlands cause they do look good (and i like the idea of streaming the sound to the speakers and let them do the proceeding work).
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 04:13