Reply to this topicStart new topic
HD-AAC decoder?
Gainless
post Dec 9 2011, 21:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94764

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask if someone knows where to find a HD-AAC decoder. I've found a pretty big AAC file, which is shown as a 128 kb/s in Foobar, it would be great if i could get the lossless version out of it, somehow...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
C.R.Helmrich
post Dec 10 2011, 11:27
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 64012

Are you sure it's an HD-AAC file? I mean, have you converted to FLAC or WAV in foobar and checked with an audio editor what comes out? I don't know of any publicly available HD-AAC decoder (yet), so if the file is not too large, you can send me a personal message with an upload link, and I'll see what I can do.

Edit: actually, the Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in supports HD-AAC, so if you have a DAW, you could try that.

Chris

This post has been edited by C.R.Helmrich: Dec 10 2011, 11:38

--------------------
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.
+Quote Post
Gainless
post Dec 10 2011, 12:44
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 94764

Sorry guys, was just a "video" (track with a background pic) from YouTube that someone had ripped and uploaded for whatever reason dry.gif

@ Helmrich

Without a plugin/decoder Foobar would just give me the lossy core of the file, so converting to FLAC or WAV is not useful, the same goes for Mp3HD. But thanks for the link, I guess that could be interesting for some users here on the board smile.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 07:14