Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem Embedding Album Art with iTunes (Read 2450 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem Embedding Album Art with iTunes

I just noticed something strange when embedding album art using iTunes. If art is embedded into multiple files at the same time the resulting file sizes are .4 mb greater than when you embed art into the same files individually.

Can someone confirm this? What is taking up that extra space?

Here is a post from apple support with a similar issue. I haven't seen any files with double artwork and the amount of extra space is always .4 mb. I'll experiment more later—I'm cringing at the possible wasted space among my audio files.

Problem Embedding Album Art with iTunes

Reply #1
After further investigation I figured out the additional file size. When "Get Info" is selected for multiple files and a jpg is dragged onto the Artwork box, iTunes converts the jpg to a PNG before embedding it. On the other hand, If you highlight multiple files (without selecting "Get Info") and just drag the jpg to the box in the lower left, iTunes embeds the image in its original format.

Now I just need to find a way to isolate all of the audio files with PNG's embedded.