Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Napster files
musicollector
post Oct 26 2011, 15:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94698

I wonder if anyone knows if WMA files downloaded from Napster (and possibly, iTunes) are lossless or the regular lossy format. Is there a way of telling?

--------------------
Harry
--
http://harry.cckerala.com
Streaming Pop & Rock tunes
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
db1989
post Oct 26 2011, 15:14
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

Have you checked their properties in a media player (or Explorer, if it displays such information)? That should show you the bitrate, which would be about 900-1100 kbps for a lossless file, and it may even say Windows Media Audio Lossless. Anyway, iTunes does not sell files in the WMA format, what with the latter being proprietary as well as the two technologies being in (and belonging to companies that are in) fairly direct competition.
+Quote Post
musicollector
post Oct 26 2011, 21:18
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 94698

QUOTE (db1989 @ Oct 26 2011, 08:14) *
Have you checked their properties in a media player (or Explorer, if it displays such information)? That should show you the bitrate, which would be about 900-1100 kbps for a lossless file, and it may even say Windows Media Audio Lossless. Anyway, iTunes does not sell files in the WMA format, what with the latter being proprietary as well as the two technologies being in (and belonging to companies that are in) fairly direct competition.

Thanks for the tip. Shall do. It never occurred to me. Yeah, I have not bought anything from iTunes, yet, but do recall they use the AAC extension. Anyway, I was interested only in Napster.

--------------------
Harry
--
http://harry.cckerala.com
Streaming Pop & Rock tunes
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 02:17