IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Video playback and ReplayGain
CyberTootie
post Oct 5 2011, 03:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7836

Is there any video media player out there, either natively or through the use of a plug-in, that can play videos utilizing embedded ReplayGain values or a similar equivalent? I haven't been able to find anything.

VLC appeared to be a strong candidate as it supports ReplayGain, but for me it doesn't work on videos.

I've suggested it in Zoom Player: http://forum.inmatrix.com/index.php?showtopic=13247

--------------------
Project Leader of DDResampled
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
smok3
post Nov 10 2011, 10:57
Post #2

A/V Moderator

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1922

whats interesting after all this time i still do not understand embedded metadata and especially the lack of any external.txt/xml file for doing the same...

About the video player behaviour, very shortly:
- Use r128 and not replaygain, calculate the number at 1st play if it is not there allready.
- Have an option to calculate the gain for each entity in the playlist before playback.
- Have an option to do a 2 step process: if there is no gain info, do a quick scan before first play, do a full scan at 1st playback.
(Have an option to only calculate RG for files shorter than N minutes)

No, the option to only read some tags will not be enough.

This is just generaly speaking, I'am not interested in testing windows only software, especially not the commercial versions.

CyberTootie: Why don't you use something like MPC-HC, btw? http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

This post has been edited by smok3: Nov 10 2011, 11:11

--------------------
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 18:21