IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Foreign characters don't display correctly in playlist, not sure if this topic has been made before
KHY
post Aug 22 2011, 22:46
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79264

I searched the forum and all I found was cases where the encoding wasn't set to utf8. But what if the encoding is utf8 and the playlist still displays garbage? It only happens in the playlist too, when I go to a file's properties the characters display fine. And they are fine in windows explorer and I can see foreign characters in other prorams too.

I'm on Windows 7 and I'm using Dark Theme, it uses ElPlaylist and I think wish panel mod for the other playlist.

I've recently reformatted my computer and I was using the same foobar setup before and all the songs displayed correctly. I don't know what's different this time. I even installed other keyboard layouts but Windows 7 is already language ready it shouldn't even need that.

and I tried using the foo_chacon to fix the metainfo in case it wasn't utf8 but all my songs don't seem to be any other charset.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Andreasvb
post Aug 22 2011, 23:18
Post #2

Member No.: 12509

Which font do you use in the playlist?

--------------------
Windows 8.1u1 Pro x64 Media Center // foobar2000 1.3.3
+Quote Post
KHY
post Aug 22 2011, 23:21
Post #3

Member No.: 79264

QUOTE (Andreasvb @ Aug 23 2011, 00:18) *
Which font do you use in the playlist?

Oh wow. it was a custom font, Arial. I changed it to the system font and know the characters display correctly.

Thank you!
+Quote Post
Andreasvb
post Aug 22 2011, 23:23
Post #4

Member No.: 12509

You're welcome. smile.gif

--------------------
Windows 8.1u1 Pro x64 Media Center // foobar2000 1.3.3
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 20:01