Reply to this topicStart new topic
foo_uie_lyrics3, An update of foo_uie_lyrics2
WilB
post Feb 27 2012, 22:28
Post #601

Group: Members
Member No.: 33113

@Brutus
Lyric files currently must contain both the artist and title name (see original change log and other posts in this thread), although this behavior is likely to change. I could not be sure of your exact filename so I am unsure if this is the case. If it is the case then all you need to do is ensure you are pointing at the correct folder in the local file search properties. If this is not the case a quick fix was posted 7 posts up which SUPERCOOLMAN got to work.

@Sashka78
Your aim of having foobar to check tags first and if it finds lyrics to stop searching and display the result immediately is the current behavoir of "Only query the next source if no valid lyric is found", provided the tag search is first in the list. When some characters display erratically this is down to the codepage used to prepare the lyric in relation to the plugin setting. I have XP, and after installing the East Asian font support virtually all these issues stopped with the default codepage setting.

This post has been edited by WilB: Feb 27 2012, 22:32
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The vern
post Feb 27 2012, 22:32
Post #602

Group: Developer
Member No.: 70332

@mik9:
It can do this if you set the artist search parameter to a space i.e.: ' ', and the title parameter to 'info' (without quotes). It'll mess up the lyrics search, but meh, whatever floats your boat.

@StealthX:
How could I reliably determine if a lyric is instrumental or not?

@BrutuZ
Am I missing something
Clearly you are! I've said it many times, the local file search will only load files if they contain both the artist and title. I've also said (on the previous page) that in the next release directories containing the artist or album info will only require the title to be present in the filename, hence solving your problem.

@Sashka78:
That's the point: I'd like foobar to check tags first and if it finds any lyrics it should immediately stop searching and display the result.
Choose no-preference as lyric type, and query next and it'll do what you want.

This post has been edited by The vern: Feb 27 2012, 22:34
+Quote Post
BrutuZ
post Feb 27 2012, 23:01
Post #603

Member No.: 78963

QUOTE (WilB @ Feb 27 2012, 18:28) *
@Brutus
Lyric files currently must contain both the artist and title name (see original change log and other posts in this thread), although this behavior is likely to change. I could not be sure of your exact filename so I am unsure if this is the case. If it is the case then all you need to do is ensure you are pointing at the correct folder in the local file search properties. If this is not the case a quick fix was posted 7 posts up which SUPERCOOLMAN got to work.

QUOTE (The vern @ Feb 27 2012, 18:32) *
@BrutuZ
Clearly you are! I've said it many times, the local file search will only load files if they contain both the artist and title. I've also said (on the previous page) that in the next release directories containing the artist or album info will only require the title to be present in the filename, hence solving your problem.

Well, my filename pattern is pretty close to the one i put in the example structure within the CODE tag of the previous post: $if2(%album artist%,%artist%) - %album% - %tracknumber% - %title%.mp3
Since %album artist% and %artist% are almost always the same value (except for soundtracks in my case, which is no biggie since I have half-dozen of those, at most wink.gif) then yes, both %artist% and %title% are always present in the filenames. I will try and replace the Artist search parameter with the single space, and fiddle around with the parameters a little more just for the sake of testing and return with results.

--------------------
http://www.last.fm/user/BrutuZ
+Quote Post
The vern
post Feb 27 2012, 23:13
Post #604

Clearly both WilB and I misinterpreted the diagram of your folder layout, apologies for that.
In that case, you should just be able to get the search to work simply by making sure the 'search sub-directories' is checked. You shouldn't need to set a custom search directory as the location of the playing file is searched automatically.

Edit:
Just tested here with a few tracks, with the same folder layout + file names and all works well with just 'search sub-directories' checked (no custom search path defined and default search parameters).

This post has been edited by The vern: Feb 27 2012, 23:28
+Quote Post
BrutuZ
post Feb 27 2012, 23:48
Post #605

This plugin hates me, it's the only explanation headbang.gif. I even deleted the config file to reset everything to the defaults, only enabled the "Search Sub-directories" option as pointed. Not even then the lyrics are loading.
Full folder structure used on the test below to shed some light (or cast some shadows) on the situation. wacko.gif
CODE
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\.Acústika - Acústika - 01 - Sonhos (Serendipity).mood
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\.Acústika - Acústika - 02 - Jardim Secreto.mood
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\.Acústika - Acústika - 03 - Nada Mais Importa.mood
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\.Acústika - Acústika - 04 - O Vento Pode Mudar.mood
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\.Acústika - Acústika - 05 - Tudo Em Seu Lugar.mood
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\.Acústika - Acústika - 06 - Uma Cançăo Pra Vocę.mood
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\.Acústika - Acústika - 07 - A Saída.mood
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\.Acústika - Acústika - 08 - Minha Casa.mood
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\.Acústika - Acústika - 09 - Se Vocę Quiser.mood
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\.Acústika - Acústika - 10 - Outras Flores.mood
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\.Acústika - Acústika - 11 - Năo Me Deixe Ir.mood
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\.Acústika - Acústika - 12 - Pra Saber O Que Sinto.mood
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\[2006] Acústika.m3u
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\folder.jpg
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\folder_thumb.jpg
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Acústika - Acústika - 01 - Sonhos (Serendipity).mp3
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Acústika - Acústika - 02 - Jardim Secreto.mp3
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Acústika - Acústika - 03 - Nada Mais Importa.mp3
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Acústika - Acústika - 04 - O Vento Pode Mudar.mp3
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Acústika - Acústika - 05 - Tudo Em Seu Lugar.mp3
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Acústika - Acústika - 06 - Uma Cançăo Pra Vocę.mp3
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Acústika - Acústika - 07 - A Saída.mp3
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Acústika - Acústika - 08 - Minha Casa.mp3
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Acústika - Acústika - 09 - Se Vocę Quiser.mp3
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Acústika - Acústika - 10 - Outras Flores.mp3
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Acústika - Acústika - 11 - Năo Me Deixe Ir.mp3
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Acústika - Acústika - 12 - Pra Saber O Que Sinto.mp3
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics\Acústika - Acústika - 01 - Sonhos (Serendipity).txt
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics\Acústika - Acústika - 02 - Jardim Secreto.txt
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics\Acústika - Acústika - 03 - Nada Mais Importa.txt
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics\Acústika - Acústika - 04 - O Vento Pode Mudar.txt
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics\Acústika - Acústika - 05 - Tudo Em Seu Lugar.txt
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics\Acústika - Acústika - 06 - Uma Cançăo Pra Vocę.txt
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics\Acústika - Acústika - 07 - A Saída.txt
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics\Acústika - Acústika - 08 - Minha Casa.txt
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics\Acústika - Acústika - 09 - Se Vocę Quiser.txt
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics\Acústika - Acústika - 10 - Outras Flores.txt
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics\Acústika - Acústika - 11 - Năo Me Deixe Ir.txt
...\Acústika\[2006] Acústika\Lyrics\Acústika - Acústika - 12 - Pra Saber O Que Sinto.txt

EDIT: Scratch that, forgot that with the default options the preferred type of lyrics was reset to "Prefer Synced", Just had to set it back to "No Preference" and voilŕ, lyrics scrolling tongue.gif

This post has been edited by BrutuZ: Feb 27 2012, 23:53

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sashka78
post Feb 29 2012, 05:08
Post #606

Member No.: 23911

QUOTE (The vern @ Feb 28 2012, 00:32) *
Choose no-preference as lyric type, and query next and it'll do what you want.

Much better this time, thanks! However my best scenario would look like this.
- Look up tags.
- If lyrics are found display them immediately and stop searching.
- Otherwise search for online sources, prefer synced.
OR
- Look up tags.
- If lyrics are found display them immediately and search for online sources at the same time, prefer synced.
- If better lyrics are found (i.e. synced vs non-synced), display them on the screen.

--------------------
Alex
+Quote Post
Sashka78
post Feb 29 2012, 05:19
Post #607

QUOTE (WilB @ Feb 28 2012, 00:28) *
@Sashka78
When some characters display erratically this is down to the codepage used to prepare the lyric in relation to the plugin setting. I have XP, and after installing the East Asian font support virtually all these issues stopped with the default codepage setting.

I've got Win7 and it doesn't need any additional codepage or IME support. Besides the text is displayed the way it should in the tag editor.

--------------------
Alex
+Quote Post
oruam57
post Feb 29 2012, 18:31
Post #608

Member No.: 88695

Thank you very much for this component, very good work.

A full screen mode for the panel would be fantastic.

+Quote Post
aereogramme
post Mar 1 2012, 05:15
Post #609

Member No.: 22299

Is there a way to edit the lyrics like in a text editor if the embedded into the mp3 file? I recall seeing this in MusicBee and it was awesome that you can edit then in a little popup. Does that exist for this component? Thanks!
+Quote Post
webern
post Mar 1 2012, 21:24
Post #610

Member No.: 95281

Need help.
How can I load a local lyrics file for a title that contains the "?" symbol.
The problem is that the ansi file name should not contain the "?".

For example:
Artist: Aqua
Title: How R U Doin?
The ansi file name: "Aqua - How R U Doin.lrc" (without the "?")

The component refuses to load it because the right side of the file name does not match the title.

I don't want to use the Associations feature.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
+Quote Post
The vern
post Mar 1 2012, 22:20
Post #611

@Sashka78:
You haven't changed the character set used by any chance? (preferences-> Lyrics show 3 -> Advanced tab) - make sure 'Assume charset for lyrics' is not checked.

@oruam57:
I'll consider it.

@aereogramme:
right click -> Edit lyrics

@webern:
Illegal file/path characters get converted to an underscore ('_'). Just add an underscore to the end of the filename. Saving lyrics through the plugin will do this automatically.

Hope that helps
+Quote Post
BrutuZ
post Mar 1 2012, 22:33
Post #612

QUOTE (webern @ Mar 1 2012, 17:24) *
Need help.
How can I load a local lyrics file for a title that contains the "?" symbol.
The problem is that the ansi file name should not contain the "?".

For example:
Artist: Aqua
Title: How R U Doin?
The ansi file name: "Aqua - How R U Doin.lrc" (without the "?")

The component refuses to load it because the right side of the file name does not match the title.

I don't want to use the Associations feature.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

You'll need to exclude the ? from the title search field.
Instead of the default
CODE
$if2(%title%,%filename%)

you could try
CODE
$replace($if2(%title%,%filename%),?,)
This will make the search ignore every instance of ?. If you have the symbols changed in your filenames (I, for instance, swap any illegal character with an underscore _ when renaming), all you have to do is put the said character between the last comma and the closing bracket.

--------------------
+Quote Post
webern
post Mar 1 2012, 22:57
Post #613

Member No.: 95281

Thanks to BrutuZ, The vern.
Both ways worked for me.
+Quote Post
TargetD
post Mar 4 2012, 15:09
Post #614

Member No.: 48709

Sorry, probably a really simple question:

I listen to "Home is Where You Hang Your Head" by "Elvis Costello", and here are the lyrics: http://lyrics.wikia.com/Elvis_Costello_%26..._Hang_Your_Head.

But it won't load in my panel... I've got lyrics.wikia.com as the top search list but no luck.

Any ideas?
+Quote Post
BrutuZ
post Mar 4 2012, 17:42
Post #615

In the link you provided, both the %artist% and the %title are not exact matches.
Your file has %artist% as "Elvis Costello", while the wikia has it as "Elvis Costello & The Attractions", as for the %title%, yours is "Home is Where You Hang Your Head" while on the wikia it is slightly different too, "Home Is Anywhere You Hang Your Head"

--------------------
+Quote Post
arst
post Mar 6 2012, 09:33
Post #616

Member No.: 30716

Nice component, I have used this great plunging since lyric show panel 1, thanks for the effort.

I got a problem, I want to save lyric as "01 - my first song.lrc" , so I changed the save parameter as : "$if(%tracknumber%,%tracknumber% - )$if2(%title%,%_filename%)", it works fine,
but how it could search the lyric from "Local File Search"?

I tried to change the search parameters artist as "$if(%tracknumber%,%tracknumber%)", it solve my problem, but once I want to search lyrics from online DB it will become useless.

how should I do? thanks.

This post has been edited by arst: Mar 6 2012, 09:34
+Quote Post
WilB
post Mar 6 2012, 12:34
Post #617

This issue has been dealt with by a number of posts in this thread. Please see, e.g., posts 522, 523, 546, 590, 591, 594, 595, 601 and 602.

The bottom line is that currently the saved lyric name must contain the artist and title to be found (although it is planned to change this behaviour). As a workaround in your case you can put a space as the artist name; this should find your local file but will break internet searching - see above posts for more info.

This post has been edited by WilB: Mar 6 2012, 12:36
+Quote Post
quisvir
post Mar 6 2012, 22:47
Post #618

Member No.: 89809

First let me say, many thanks to The vern for picking up this project! Your efforts are much appreciated.

I expect it's a bit not done to post a feature request as a first post, so feel free to slap me around with it wink.gif

I use foobar mostly while 'afk' - sitting/walking about, using a remote to control playback. What would really add to my user experience is if I could view the current song's lyrics on networked devices. Might it be possible to automatically save the current lyrics to a user-defined text file, without affecting regular file saving? For instance, I'd like to save to \\server\share\currentlyrics.txt, which could then be picked up by any device in the network (laptop, htpc, e-reader, phone).

In any case, keep up the good work!

This post has been edited by quisvir: Mar 6 2012, 22:48
+Quote Post
WilB
post Mar 6 2012, 23:48
Post #619

If you know how to write scripts with wsh panel mod, which you can probably have as a hidden panel, I think you can do this already. If regular saving is to the tag, then the wsh function on_metadb_changed() can be used to detect the appearance of a saved lyric or the lyric3 provided %lyric_exists% to check if it already exists or its appearance. If regular saving is to a file, %lyric_exists% can be used to check if it already exists or monitor its appearance. You would then need to write the rest of the script to copy the lyric to the new location. There is a dedicated thread for help with writing wsh scripts, if you decide to try this rather waiting to see if the vern decides to offer and implement this option.

This post has been edited by WilB: Mar 6 2012, 23:48
+Quote Post
JJForums
post Mar 12 2012, 01:40
Post #620

Member No.: 50934

Suggestion: option to remove timestamps, some lyrics in minilyrics has wrong timestamp, sometimes is better the lyrics without timestamps than wrong synced lyrics.
+Quote Post
BrutuZ
post Mar 12 2012, 02:21
Post #621

@JJForums Just hit the "Next Lyric" menu item until it fetches either a correctly synced lyric or an unsynced one, then Save it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JJForums
post Mar 12 2012, 02:28
Post #622

Member No.: 50934

But sometimes there is only the wrong synced lyrics.
+Quote Post
Sashka78
post Mar 12 2012, 03:34
Post #623

QUOTE (The vern @ Mar 2 2012, 00:20) *
@Sashka78:
You haven't changed the character set used by any chance? (preferences-> Lyrics show 3 -> Advanced tab) - make sure 'Assume charset for lyrics' is not checked.

Nope, it's not checked.

--------------------
Alex
+Quote Post
quisvir
post Mar 12 2012, 17:42
Post #624

Member No.: 89809

QUOTE (WilB @ Mar 7 2012, 00:48) *
If you know how to write scripts with wsh panel mod, which you can probably have as a hidden panel, I think you can do this already. If regular saving is to the tag, then the wsh function on_metadb_changed() can be used to detect the appearance of a saved lyric or the lyric3 provided %lyric_exists% to check if it already exists or its appearance. If regular saving is to a file, %lyric_exists% can be used to check if it already exists or monitor its appearance. You would then need to write the rest of the script to copy the lyric to the new location. There is a dedicated thread for help with writing wsh scripts, if you decide to try this rather waiting to see if the vern decides to offer and implement this option.

Thanks for the suggestion, WilB! It does sound rather complex, though. And I'm not sure if a script would be able to pick up on an existing lyric being loaded from file, if it's not written to a tag (regular saving is to file, in my case - tags not used at all). So I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that The vern decides to add it smile.gif
+Quote Post
realign
post Mar 13 2012, 12:00
Post #625

Member No.: 76934

@The vern, when do you plan to release the next version of foo_uie_lyrics3? Thanks in advance.
p.
+Quote Post

56 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 11:58