IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

thanks
kraut
post Aug 13 2011, 05:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 85965

a short thank you for a site that stands out from the regular audiophile idiocy of sites like audio asylum, audiogon, and unfortunately even DIYaudio where the pest of unsupported claims freely peddled as ultimate truth is an ever increasing phenomenon.
Thanks for the sanity.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
skamp
post Mar 18 2012, 08:21
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 13875

It just occurred to me that asking a nutjob for ABX logs is utterly pointless. First, 9 times out of 10, they'll just refuse to submit to the test, because "the difference is obvious enough". Then, even if they do submit to it, they'll just blame the software when they can't detect any difference. It's obviously broken!

Sure, with such logs, we will have confirmation with a high degree of probability that the nutjob is indeed imagining things. But it will be meaningless to them, and did we really need confirmation that they were nuts?

--------------------
See my profile for measurements, tools and recommendations.
+Quote Post
Porcus
post Mar 18 2012, 14:47
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 38207

QUOTE (skamp @ Mar 18 2012, 08:21) *
It just occurred to me that asking a nutjob for ABX logs is utterly pointless. First, 9 times out of 10, they'll just refuse to submit to the test, because "the difference is obvious enough". Then, even if they do submit to it, they'll just blame the software when they can't detect any difference. It's obviously broken!

Ah. Imagine if it were the same guy. 19 times out of 20, he'd refuse to submit the test result, and then the 20th time he would FINALLY get it 'working' and submit the success.

[I don't even have to link to that xkcd strip, do I?]

--------------------
One day in the Year of the Fox came a time remembered well
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 10:18