Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [useless / didn’t read] From: I have an SACD ISO—can foobar2000 conver (Read 3215 times) previous topic - next topic

[useless / didn’t read] From: I have an SACD ISO—can foobar2000 conver

Quotes found on the WWW :-

"SACD's native hirez output,DSD, is unrippable...copy protected, and the DSD output is proprietary. Some SACD players output to PCM or do so through an option, but this still doesn't mean one will ever live as a PC-based drive."

"SACD players disable digital outputs when playing SACD discs ... SACD should be simply considered a vinyl record, and used that way."

"Does anyone make a drive that would allow you to play this format through a desktop PC? ... I am 99% sure the answer is no."

"As far as I understand Sony still owns the format, and won't let anyone license it for PC use. The hardware is different, it needs to read a special area on the disc that a normal DVD drive can't access. It's not just a software thing."

[useless / didn’t read] From: I have an SACD ISO—can foobar2000 conver

Reply #1
Hi

Foobar displays and plays each file inside SACD ISO file.
What Foobar can't do - as far as I know - is to convert those files to flac  .

Regards
cmg