Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Splitting Flac Image Quality
lordemsworth
post Jul 30 2011, 20:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 92664

Hello all,

I've done some searches but I haven't been able to find this answer explicitly - and I was hoping that the knowledgeable people here could help.
When I first started to digitize my collection, I did flac images with cue sheets because my squeezebox supported it.

There was a version during the 7.x switch that it became flaky so I completed the activity by ripping to individual tracks.

I was building a new DIY NAS and I noticed that with 7.5.4 the splitting wouldn't work unless I used Windows. Which is fine.

I wanted to split the images into individual tracks and I know that Medieval Cue Splitter doesn't maintain file quality integrity.

Perusing the forums, I see that people recommend foobar2000 or CueTools - my question is, but splitting files, is the quality preserved, or should I just rip all 70 discs to individual tracks?

Amir
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Wombat
post Jul 31 2011, 02:28
Post #2

Member No.: 235

I even think jitter is the wrong term here. It seems in some places there is jitter used as explanation when Medival Cuesplitter breaks up the files at the wrong positions and not a frame boundary.
When you split with Cuetools and really have a bad CUE file that was created under some strange circumstances Cuetools even is warning you about such a problem.
Since you ripped all your cds correctly with CUE file Cuetools should have no problem and even creates a log file after splitting that lets you check the CRC against your original log. You canīt ask for more smile.gif

This post has been edited by Wombat: Jul 31 2011, 02:29
+Quote Post
damoresh
post May 11 2012, 06:46
Post #3

Member No.: 71413

Even i have several albums with single flac and a .cue sheet. ripped securely with EAC. I wish to split them individually.
And my priority is that the quality shouldn't change a bit and also the track lengths shold remain perfect.
Is cuetools the best software for this as i want everything to be accurate?
And will the individual tracks be exactly similar if i had to rip the same CD to individual tracks?
Please clear these doubts..
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 20:48