Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Splitting Flac Image Quality
lordemsworth
post Jul 30 2011, 20:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 92664

Hello all,

I've done some searches but I haven't been able to find this answer explicitly - and I was hoping that the knowledgeable people here could help.
When I first started to digitize my collection, I did flac images with cue sheets because my squeezebox supported it.

There was a version during the 7.x switch that it became flaky so I completed the activity by ripping to individual tracks.

I was building a new DIY NAS and I noticed that with 7.5.4 the splitting wouldn't work unless I used Windows. Which is fine.

I wanted to split the images into individual tracks and I know that Medieval Cue Splitter doesn't maintain file quality integrity.

Perusing the forums, I see that people recommend foobar2000 or CueTools - my question is, but splitting files, is the quality preserved, or should I just rip all 70 discs to individual tracks?

Amir
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mixminus1
post Jul 30 2011, 22:31
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 20097

Kitteh needs moar info...

Version 7.x of what?

What are/were you using to rip your CDs and encode to FLAC?

I've never used Medieval Cue Splitter, so I can't say whether or not it "maintain[s] file integrity", but what exactly do you mean by that?

...and yes, fb2k and CueTools will most certainly "maintain file integrity", i.e. keep your files bit-perfect lossless, when splitting from a .cue sheet.

--------------------
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 13:08