Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Digitizing Cassettes
vosnos
post Jul 24 2011, 19:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 92420

Hey All,

So this is my first post here and I was hoping you guys would be able to help me out with this archival/digitizing project I'm about to start. I know there have been multiple topics regarding this subject but some of them are a bit over my head and some don't exactly address my specific concerns. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no prior experience in audio engineering/modification/digitization. Anyway, I was recently given roughly 200 cassettes of bootleg concerts and my job is to digitize them as best I can. I want to preserve the quality as best I can but I have money constraints (being a college student) and so I won't be able to spend a massive amount on a top of the line tape deck (like a Nakamichi). I may also need help on remastering/editing/reformatting the tapes once they are digitized. I know I'm asking a lot but judging from the previous threads I've read, you guys are very helpful and patient. So with that said, what sort of tape deck would you suggest I get for this project? Tentatively, I think my budget would be around $300 but I may be able to spend more if it's really worth it. The cost of all the required software is also going to factor into how much I can spend on the deck. If you guys need any other background information on the cassettes (how old they are, the audio quality, etc) please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 14:37