IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Confused by results of my first ABX test..., Vorbis file better when encoded from 24/96 rather than 16/44.1 FLAC?
djp
post Jun 1 2011, 10:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91142

My first ABX test here, so be gentle with me! Basically what I've done is as follows...

I have two lossless FLAC files, one @ 24/96 the other @ 16/44.1. I have then used OggDropXPd v1.9.0 aoTuV Beta 5.7 to encode each file (-q 5). When played back the .ogg file encoded from the 24/96 FLAC sounds better. To test I used the ABX comparator in foobar2000. The results were as follows;

Do these results confirm that the .ogg file encoded from the 24/96 FLAC is indeed of better quality than the one encoded from the 16/44.1 FLAC and if so, how is this audible to the human ear? Having read the forums I was under the impression that anything above 16/44.1 was pointless. Now, possibly I'm going wrong somewhere, maybe with regards the encoding.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

[TOS #9 VIOLATION. Clips are to be no longer than 30 seconds. Links removed.]

*EDIT*

Just realised a log file can be saved after ABXing in foobar2000! Doh!

This post has been edited by greynol: Jun 1 2011, 17:47
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
greynol
post Jun 1 2011, 17:22
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 13167

There is no need to resort to arguments over semantics.

If you acquired copyrighted material through unlawful channels then you will not earn much respect around these parts.

--------------------
I should publish a list of forum idiots.
+Quote Post
djp
post Jun 1 2011, 17:34
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 91142

QUOTE (greynol @ Jun 1 2011, 17:22) *
There is no need to resort to arguments over semantics.

If you acquired copyrighted material through unlawful channels then you will not earn much respect around these parts.

Where is it implied that I have "acquired copyrighted material through unlawful channels"? Just to be clear, I own the actual album and have had it digitized by a third-party.

I hope that clears up any confusion.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 10:34