IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Suggestions for "pre-assembled" foobar2k/foo_abx package?, How to distribute an ABX test nicely
knutinh
post May 19 2011, 15:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 37047

Is it possible to make a minimal-intervention package of audio files etc that will launch right into foobar2k/foo_abx in such a way that your mother will be able to install it? And so chances of "cheating" are reduced?

-k
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
marc2003
post May 19 2011, 15:41
Post #2

Member No.: 19379

help menu>about

Only unmodified installers can be redistributed; redistribution of foobar2000 binaries in any other form is not permitted.

and you can't stop people cheating with foo_abx. besides, results on their own mean nothing. you'll only be taken seriously if other people can re-produce your findings.
+Quote Post
knutinh
post May 19 2011, 16:40
Post #3

Member No.: 37047

Thank you for replying.

Demanding that the user installs a regular foobar2k is ok. Demanding that he finds the foo_abx.dll and drops it into the right folder is too high a threshold for my mother. Is there no fix for this that is within the license?

Is there some way to script/command-line control foobar2k into opening a given set of files directly into the ABX comparator? Hiding the regular foobar2k window?

I was not hoping to stop people from cheating, only making it a little more cumbersome.

I do believe that making these tools more accessible will further the understanding and respect for blind testing.

-k

This post has been edited by db1989: Sep 25 2011, 11:31
Reason for edit: deleting pointless fullquote of prior post
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 14:18